With our dedication to helping you choose the best heavy bag which will make a world-class hard hitter out of you, we spent a huge number of hours trying to find the best Muay Thai heavy bag. We focused on their functionality, material, filling, weight, price, and durability. One more very important criterion when it comes to the choice of the bag is whether you can perform all types of strikes.
[thrive_drop_caps color=’blue’ style=’2′]I[/thrive_drop_caps]
f you want to demolish head or body, you will need a different type of heavy bag. What kind of fighter do you want to become? That is the reason why do you need the best heavy bag.
Every heavy bag which is designed for Muay Thai should be longer and suitable for kicks, elbows, punches, and knees. We don’t focus on the brand. We will focus on the facts and benefits you can get from the heavy bag. Every good fighter needs to think ten times about his goals. If you want to be a world-class low kicker, you will need a longer bag. You may find additional info about difference kinds of muay thai bags in my reference links as below. You will also need to consider other factors – the fill of the bag and how to mount the bag.
Best Heavy BAG FOR MUAY THAI
Advantages of this type of product?
First of all, if the heavy bag is suitable for low kicks but bad for elbows, it will decrease its functionality. For example, you need something which will cover all types of strikes, or a specific strike set if you are a good body kicker, like Buakaw Banchamek. If you want to maximize the effect, take a look whether you want to be the master of body kicks or an all-rounder. The best heavy bag for kicks is usually longer and narrower.
Second thing, take a look whether the best heavy bag can create you iron shins and knuckles. It can make your kicks very harmful and your legs extremely strong and resistant to pain. What is your heavy bag made of – leather, vinyl, plastic, synthetic? What is it loaded with – sand, foam/stuffing, water, gel, fabric/cloth?
Third thing, the purpose of the heavy bag is to improve the power of your kicks and punches. There is a chance you will be slower, but your opponent will feel heavy when you hit him. The power of your kicks will grow just as your self-confidence.
Fourth thing, you need to develop the rhythm while the heavy bag swings. You will need to transfer this to the ring when fighting. the best heavy bag can develop your cardio, movement, footwork, reflexes, and defense. The only question is – how far do you plan to go? Do you need a heavy bag that swings or an extremely heavy bag which simulates static opponent? Of couse, the latter is your best heavy bag.
Other things can be counted under number five. For example, durability, feel, stiffness, filling… If the bag will tear apart or leak easily, stay out of it! Better spend few extra bucks and find something with higher quality!
Things to look
First of all, focus on the shape of the bag. A banana shaped bag will improve your low kicks more, but it won’t bounce that much. On the other hand, classic style heavy bag swings more, but it is heavier and the power of your strike will be stunning. Boxing bag is also good, but clinching is a bit more difficult.
The second thing is the price. If you want a high-quality heavy bag, you need to be ready to spend at least 100 dollars or more. If the heavy bag is unstuffed and has no brand, it will be cheaper. Unfortunately, if you purchase it in Thailand, you will have to pay the customs.
The brand is important – Fairtex, Top King, and Twins make high-quality heavy bags. On the other hand, you have other brands like Everlast, Outslayer… It depends on what are you looking for.
One more very important thing is how will you stand the bag – is it a wall bracket or a heavy bag stand? If the heavy bag is heavier than 150 lbs, a wall bracket is a better recommendation.
And the final thing – take a look at the stitches and scrapes if you buy a used heavy bag. Try to hit it without gloves, try a kick. Go over with your hand across the heavy bag. If it spits your skin or you feel unevenness, maybe you should purchase a different one.
Our writings are recommendations only. Maybe you want to combine heavy bag sessions with footwork and movement training. Maybe you would like to improve the power of your knees, clinching and low kicks. Or you want to be a lightning fast fighter. Answer these questions and you will see what is the best choice.
Top 7 Muay Thai best heavy bag & Reviews
#1. OUTSLAYER MUAY THAI HEAVY BAG (EDITOR'S CHOICE) - Excellent high quality heavy bag for all types of strikes
Made of heavy duty vinyl, Outslayer is filled with fabric stuff, no sand. It is an excellent high-quality muay heavy bag, no matter whether you are a beginner or a master.
- The bag is 6ft tall, which enables you to train all types of strikes.
- The heavy bag doesn’t swing too much and you can train footwork and movement.
- Its mass is 150lbs – heavy duty straps are made of the same material just like the bag. It means you don’t need heavy chains.
- The bag has an extra padding which prevents flipping out of the ring.
- The heavy bag has 10 years warranty.
- It is available in four colors – very rare in the world of heavy bags.
- The price of the heavy bag is around 190 dollars, but don’t worry, on sale it costs only 120 dollars, and it’s worth every penny.
#2. FAIRTEX UNFILLED HB6 - 6FT MUAY THAI BANANA HEAVY BAG (BEST VALUE) - Best price for training everything
Handmade in Thailand, Fairtex is one of the best heavy bags you can find on the market. It will enable you to train everything you want without limits. The bag has a very attractive look.
- Ability to train all the strikes.
- Very suitable for clinch training sessions.
- It receives your strikes well, especially in the lower section.
- There is a possibility to get expert assembly for additional 48 dollars.
- Free shipping.
- Price is excellent.
- The bag may become too heavy towards the bottom with time.
- The heavy bag is too narrow and unsuitable for low kicks.
- The bag sways too much at the bottom when you throw a hard low kick – its weight is only 35 kilograms.
#3. FAIRTEX HB3 HEAVY BAG - The Best Heavy Bag of Classic Style On The Internet
This is probably the best heavy bag of class style on the internet. It is constructed of Syntek Leather with heavy duty water resistant and non-tear nylon lining with nylon web straps. An excellent choice if you want to work on your heat hardiness. The HB3 heavy bag has approximately 42 kilograms.
- The bag swings a lot, so you can train clinching, movement, footwork and avoid opponent’s strikes.
- You can train clinching, hooks, overhands, high kicks and body shots.
- The bag feel is great and you will not damage it when you repeat strikes.
- If you want to clinch up with your opponent or try knee strikes, this is an amazing choice. You can even hold realistically.
- You can train attacks after teep kick and various combinations to the head and body.
- The height of the bag doesn’t allow low kicks.
- Uppercuts are a bit difficult to perform, curves are towards down.
- Only one color is available.
- The shipping is not free.
#4. EVERLAST 70-POUND MMA POLY CANVAS HEAVY BAG - Easy to Set up, Specially Blended Filler, The Best Heavy Bag for Training Sessions
This is a high-quality project from Everlast Company. This Everlast is a pure combination of a poly-vinyl heavy punching bag. The chain which holds the bag is adjustable, so you can adjust different height for each user.
- Excellent price – the heavy bag costs only 61 dollars, which is outstanding.
- It has premium synthetic leather with reinforced webbing and better security and safety due to heavy duty nylon straps.
- It has double end loop, which increases functionality.
- It has only 70 pounds, which means it is a lot easier to set up.
- It has specially blended filler – it absorbs shock and your strikes perfectly.
- You can train all types of strikes, except uppercuts, you can even lower the bag easily for low kicks.
- If you hit too hard, it will sway too much.
- There is a hard spot on the bottom of the bag and you can hurt your knee or shin very easily. Better don’t try to perform an uppercut to the stomach.
#5. RINGSIDE BOXING MUAY THAI TRAINING KICKING PUNCHING 100 LB HEAVY BAG - Outstanding Product For Training Kicks, Punches, Knees and Elbows
Ringside definitively is an outstanding company, and this heavy bag is no exception. Ringside has excellent quality and it is top rated for all types of fighters. It is very long and hard. The product dimensions are 14 x 14 x 72 inches.
- The heavy bag has a power-hide covering. It gives the bag an unparalleled durability.
- The bag will not tear and lose its shape, no matter how hard you hit it.
- The bag is very heavy and it will not sway that easily.
- You have the ability to attach the weights to the bottom of the bag.
- Amazing if you want to train kicks, punches, knees, and elbows. You can perform all types of strikes.
- The bag is quite expensive. It costs 200 dollars, even on sale you will not find it under 180 dollars.
- It provides an unrealistic footwork training session – you opponent will probably move in the ring unless he is a complete beginner.
- International shipping is not available.
#6. RDX 14 PIECE BEGINNERS HEAVY BOXING/MMA BAG - All in one classic style heavy bag
This is a great choice if you are a beginner who has no equipment at all. RDX offers a package with heavy bag, boxing gloves, chain, ceiling hook and hand wraps – an awesome way to attract customers. This is an excellent classic style heavy bag.
- The package is extremely cheap – 110 dollars only. A heavy bag has a high quality.
- The bag comes with chains, brackets, and fittings – you can adjust it anywhere.
- The bag is waterproof, you can train outside without problems.
- The bag can be made heavier by adding denser filling.
- Excellent durability and outstanding shock absorption.
- You can easily train movement and footwork.
- It is good for clinching because of its shape.
- It is available in six colors.
- You cannot throw low kicks.
- The bag sways too much if you hit very hard.
#7. COMBAT SPORTS MUAY THAI 100-POUND HEAVY BAG - Excellent Bag for Low Kick Training
When it comes to the choice of kicks, this bag is irreplaceable. You can throw almost every single kick, even the most attractive ones. A fantastic banana shaped bag, made by Combat Sports. This bag is 72 inches long, which means it goes to the bottom.
- Probably the best bag for kicks and distance fighting simulation. You can throw very hard kicks without fewer chances to hurt yourself.
- Excellent for low kick training.
- The heavy bag will not sway too much.
- Durable synthetic leather construction maximizes the durability and shock absorption. No matter how hard you hit, the bag will not lose its shape.
- You can train strong punches, kicks, knees, and elbows.
- It’s quite expensive.
- International shipping is not possible.
When it comes to our choice, it is definitively Outslayer. Despite the original price is 200 dollars, this bag fulfills all the requirements of the modern Muay Thai fighter. Clinching, knees, elbows, punches… every single strike is possible. Even the spinning back fist! You can enjoy throwing low kicks too. Four colors are very rare in the world of heavy bags – it is suitable even for the most demandable buyers. No matter how hard you hit or push, it will not sway much – it simulates the real opponent! You may have to pay the shipping a bit more, but the bag is definitively worth of every cent!
When it comes to the price/quality ratio, our choice is Fairtex. The bag is made in Thailand and it is unfilled – you will be able to adjust to every situation in the fight against the opponent who constantly moves and avoid your strikes. And believe me, many fighters from Thailand won’t stand still and go forward! Muay Thai is not a street fight, it’s a martial art where wiser and stronger fighter wins! The shipping is free, and you can train clinching with an ease! If you are a clinch fighter who doesn’t throw too many low kicks, you will not find a better one.
Do you enjoy our article, :D. Help us to introduce this site to your friends and others.