Don’t let your head hurt you every time you need to find the mat for your judoka. Read on and you will equip your gym with ease!
We spent a large number of hours trying to find the high-quality judo mats that will turn your training sessions into an enjoyment. Finding a perfect mat for your judoka has been a headache till now. Especially if you want to perform breathtaking attractive throws like tomoe nage or harai goshi, where the opponent flies two meters in the air and slams off the mat very hard.
What to look when purchasing judo mats
High-quality judo mats need to be thick and to have an ability to absorb the shock that will be created when a hard judo throw or slam is performed. It should be at least 2 inches thick. But if the mat is 2.5 inches thick, it will absorb better. This is when it comes to training. But when it comes to the competitions on the level of the world, it is performed on 1.5 inches or 40 mm mats. It depends on whether you look for training mats or competition mats.
When it is about material type, EVA cross-linked foam should be one of the best choices, but there are many other materials which may be successful.
There are different material densities which can affect the impact absorption characteristics. Make sure to ask the seller whether your mat has the ability to maintain the strongest throws. You can try some throw in the store too, why not? Fall on judo mats and feel them.
Longevity is one more important feature of judo mats. There is no problem when you buy it, but take a look at the warranty. Take a look at the buyer grades. If the mat lasts longer, you will have the opportunity to buy once and enjoy for the next five or ten years.
You need to realize there is a difference between manufacturers. Manufacturers in China are different than the manufacturers in Europe. Every mat has some specific features – smell, water proofing, deterioration… One more thing – if you keep mats in the spare room, there is a chance deterioration process will be faster.
And the most important thing – you will have to be ready to invest some money in a good mat, especially if you want to cover a whole training area. Be ready to spend at least 150 dollars.
High-quality 18oz vinyl
2" thick firm white high density EPE foam, PU Leather cover
High density EPE foam covered by Eco Friendly PU leather
Durable Polyvinyl chloride(PVC)
High qualty EPE foam
Cover with leather
4' x 8' x 2''
6' x 4' x 2"
4' x 8' x 2"
4' x 8' x 2"
Black, pink, blue, purple
Many Colors, include Blue
Blue, Black or Rainbow
Blue or 4 colors
#1 - Z-Athletic Martial Arts & Judo MatS Version 4 - Perfect Judo Mats for Your Training Sessions
Z-Athletic Martial Arts & Judo Mats V4 is made of four connected rectangle mats. It is designed to form a larger rectangle you can train on. Its dimensions are 4’x8’x2” unfolded and 49”x25”x9” folded.
Product reviews: 5/5 (5 reviews)
- The mat is covered by high-quality 18oz vinyl.
- The mat is 2 inches thick.
- It contains high-density cross-linked polyethylene foam.
- Hook and loop connections are on both sides, you have the ability to connect the mats for a perfect training session.
- It is available in four colors, you have a blue color mat.
- The mat can absorb even the strongest throws.
- A 1-year warranty is a not a long period of time.
- The downside has the strong vinyl smell.
#2 - Soozier Leather Martial Arts Mat - Highly Functional, Especially for Judo
It is good for many other activities like yoga, pilates, exercises… Blue version of Soozier Leather Mat is made for martial arts, especially judo.
Product reviews: 4.5/5 (686 reviews)
- The mat is made of high-density foam. It is eco-friendly and it is 2” thick – it can handle even the hardest throws!
- The mat has a durable leather cover. It is very easy for cleaning and maintenance.
- The mat cost is not expensive.
- This Judo mats have many colors to choose.
- You can connect mats in a row easily since there is Velcro on all four sides.
- The mat is highly functional and it absorbs hard throws.
- Sewing is very uneven and the smell is very strong when you open it.
- No warranty on the product.
Soozier PU Leather Martial Arts Mat
#3 - Wacces Pu Leather Folding Mat - Excellent Judo Mats For Shock Absorption
Wacces Leather Mat provides you with the feel of superb cushioning. It is very comfortable and it has four 2” thick mats in a pack.
Product reviews: 4.5/5 (71 reviews)
- You can add cushioning to the floor to prevent the posture of your athlete during ground training sessions.
- The mat is multi-purpose but it is excellent for shock absorption.
- The mat is made of EPE foam. The cover is made of eco-friendly leather.
- Easy for cleaning and maintenance.
- The mat could easily rip apart in the middle if you slide over it a lot.
- There is no Velcro – it affects durability.
#4 - Polar Aurora Pu Leather Martial Arts Mats - High-Quality Judo Mats Without Spending Much Money
This is a very cheap mat with high-quality. Polar Aurora Martial Arts Mat Pad is the best choice for someone who wants high-quality without spending much money. With the dimensions of 4’x8’x2″, this mat is a great choice for judoka.
Product reviews: 4.8/5 (94 reviews)
- The mat is made of durable polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which improves durability.
- It is covered with high-quality EPE foam.
- There is velcro on two edges to connect end to end and every panel has a zipper.
- Shipping is available.
- It is very easy for maintenance and carrying – very portable mat.
- If you slide down the mat a lot, it can scrap in the middle.
#5 - PU Leather Gymnastics Tumbling / Martial Arts Folding Mat - Multipurpose, Very Mobile and Comfortable Judo Mats
This is one of excellent judo mats, available in sky blue color. Your gym will shine brightly with PU Leather Mat. The dimensions of 4’x8’x2″ allow the absorption of any type of shock.
Product reviews: 4.6/5 (214 reviews)
- The mat is made of high-density foam, which improves durability.
- It is covered with a leather cover and it has handles. It is very mobile and easy to carry.
- The product is very durable.
- There are velcro straps on each part of the mat.
- The mat can absorb the heaviest throws..
- Easy to clean.
- The middle part of the mat is critical if you perform transitions.
Wrap It Up
There are many good judo mats. If you want to find the most suitable ones for your training sessions, make sure the thickness is at least 2 inches. It will keep your practitioners safer.
But if your pocket is deep, Z-Athletic Martial Arts Version 4 is an outstanding choice.
Do you enjoy our article, :D. Help us to introduce this site to your friends and others.