- Why Do You Need The Best BJJ Gi?
- How Should You Choose Your Perfect BJJ Gi?
- Factors You Should Look Out For?
- #1 – Material Variations
- #2 – Weave Types
- #3 – Shrinking of The BJJ Gi
- #4 – Size
- #5 – Color
- #6 – Cut
- Best Bjj Gi For Training & Competitions
- #1 – Kingz Balistico 2.0 Jiu Jitsu Gi – The Exceptional Quality Among Our Most Well-know Gis
- #2 – Tatami Estilo 6.0 BJJ Gi – Longest Running Tatami BJJ Gi
- #3 – Fuji Lightweight BJJ Gi – Highly Recommended for Hot Weather Training
- #4 – Hayabusa Pearl Weave BJJ Gi – The BJJ GI Created To Convey A Fantastic Fit Without Giving Up Comfort or Strength
- #5 – Sanabul Essential BJJ Gi – The Champion of Money Saving Uniforms
The process of choosing the best BJJ Gi or BJJ uniform that suits you and your martial art can be a complicated process.
Although modern day BJJ Gi’s come with a wide range of weaves, cuts, sizes, materials, and color, it is vital to know the different factors you should consider before choosing your Gi.
Whether you are choosing your Gi for the first time or you are a more seasoned athlete, this different Gi is designed with the most optimized material and are the best BJJ Gi options this year.
Before you buy a cheap BJJ Gi, carrying out research may save money and hassle of purchasing a Gi that is uncomfortable, heavy, and tears after your initial couple of rolls.
Why Do You Need The Best BJJ Gi?
The Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Gi is the most crucial piece of equipment every BJJ practitioner should have.
Similar to the armor warriors wear into battle, the Gi is the armor for the body of the fighter.
It is not just an outfit but also a weapon you can use during grappling.
Brazilian Gi’s are specially crafted attire generally designed to withstand all the impact that comes with grappling, throwing, pinning, kicking, and mat burns.
Whether you are new to the world of BJJ or you are a more seasoned practitioner, the Gi is the mark of every practitioner and must be worn before stepping on the sacred mat.
How Should You Choose Your Perfect BJJ Gi?
When you are looking for another BJJ Gi, there is a broad palette of colors, materials, and designs available.
When you looked somewhat further and read into the details of the Gi, you may run over explanations like “pearl weave texture” or “850 GSM Diamond Weave“.
The Gi masters, most producers, and brands may use lingo that will appear as gibberish, yet some of it is precious data when you are searching for a particular BJJ Gi.
Factors You Should Look Out For?
- Material variations
- Weave types
- Shrinking of the BJJ Gi
Let’s go through the details.
#1 – Material Variations
This is an area where many people choose wrongly.
As you become increasingly experienced in Jiu-Jitsu, you’ll find where your craving lies on your perfect BJJ Gi material.
Cotton has initially been the material used for pants due to its strength and durability, although the cotton used had different grades from lightweight to military grade.
The invention of ripstop with a higher strength to weight ratio. It is light, thin, and also extremely durable.
I recommend you know about the essential choices and what every one of them brings.
The thickness of the Gi is significant, a thick BJJ makes it harder for your opponents to grip you.
However, It means more weight. So choosing a material has to be done carefully.
#2 – Weave Types
- Single Weave is the most essential BJJ Gi weave.
The single pattern is an incredible decision since they are lightweight and affordable.
The texture is slender and has a delicate vibe, although it is not as durable as the others.
- The double weave co
ntains the same stitching pattern with the single weave, but here, the single weave is repeated.
It gives the gi more durability, strength, and also increases the thickness.
- Gold weave is essentially the combination of the double and single pattern.
It came as a result of finding the solution to the problems of the single and double weave.
It boasts more strength and thickness and less weight.
In conclusion, it may be pricy, but if you can afford it, I recommend you go for the gold weave.
#3 – Shrinking of The BJJ Gi
The rate of shrinkage depends on how fast your Gi grows smaller after washing it.
Some Gi’s come preshrunk and resistant to shrinking, while some others may shrink after washing and hang drying.
You will find out I highlighted the Gi’s that come preshrunk and those that don’t later on in the article.
#4 – Size
I am sure you must have considered your size.
How does it affect your Gi?
Your Gi should not be too tight or too loose because your opponent can take advantage of that.
Brand sizes usually range from A0 to A5. Where A stands for adult.
It is essential to check the size chart of the brand before choosing your Gi.
#5 – Color
The color of your Gi represents you, especially if you are a competitor.
Some people prefer a more designed Gi, while others may prefer a duller color.
Not all colors are accepted for IBJJF competitions.
The standard colors of the Gi are white, black, and blue.
#6 – Cut
The cut of your Gi depends solely on you and whether you plan on competing.
On the off chance that you would like to go for competitions, you need to meet specific association guidelines which won’t permit your sleeves and trouser legs to be excessively short.
If you would prefer not to contend, I recommend you get a cut that you feel the most comfortable in.
I have attached a link to a video you can watch below on the factors you should consider.
To make things simpler, I have written a rundown of the absolute best BJJ Gi brands in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Best Bjj Gi For Training & Competitions
#1 – Kingz Balistico 2.0 Jiu Jitsu Gi – The Exceptional Quality Among Our Most Well-know Gis
This exceptional version stands out among our most well-known Gis, Kingz BJJ Gi is a brand that made a huge impact when they initially hit the market.
From that point forward, every one of their Gis is synonymous with quality.
It is the lightweight combination of the Lightweight 4.0 and their Balistico.
- The Kingz Balistico BJJ Gi, one of the most reliable and most technically developed Gis available. The Kingz Balistico 2.0 does not disappoint.
- The Gi is accessible in three different colors, which includes the fundamental IBJJF lawful white, blue, and dark.
- Highlighting a 480 GSM cotton Pearl Weave coat, produced using a single bit of texture, with many reinforcements in all the significant stress point.
- The Balistico 2.0 is lightweight, yet made to withstand extreme training.
- The texture itself experiences a thorough preshrinking process, so you never need to stress over your Gi getting smaller and tighter with each wash.
- High Durability.
- No Grip Technology
- Length of the pants.
- The missing seam on the pants.
- The fabric of the Gi could be softer.
Unfortunately, this product is out of stock on Amazon at the moment. We will update its status as soon as possible
#2 – Tatami Estilo 6.0 BJJ Gi – Longest Running Tatami BJJ Gi
You would not discover many brands that take one Gi model into such lengths as Tatami did with the Estilo arrangement.
The Estilo is Tatami’s longest running BJJ Gi, running more than six years of steady advancement and improvement.
- The Estilo 6.0 is the delegated gem in the Tatami collection, with the most noteworthy quality, an attractive attire and is one of the affordable BJJ Gi’s available.
- The Estilo 6.0 likewise has detailed regions that have not been seen before on previous versions of the Estilo.
- The most recent Estilo Gi is a durable, pearl-weave Gi that is shockingly light for such material. It is the ideal fit for individuals that go on the mat regularly. It meets all competition requirements w
hile having more higher durability than others.
- Additionally, from a challenge standpoint, the most recent Estilo is fortified right where it should be. It likewise fits flawlessly, lessening the opponent’s gripping options as much as humanly possible.
- Lightweight and extra soft fabric.
- Extra reinforcements at pressure points.
- Detailed Stitchwork.
- Breaking Grips
- You may experience some restrictions when you are squatting.
- There can be stiffness
- Slightly heavy
- Not ideal for competing in warmer seasons.
#3 – Fuji Lightweight BJJ Gi – Highly Recommended for Hot Weather Training
The Fuji Summerweight BJJ Gi is highly recommended for hot weather training and making weight at competitions.
This fugi lightweight gi jacket has a 350GSM Pearl Weave pattern, which is made of 50% polyester and 50% cotton.
This makes the Gi extremely durable and lightweight.
- The Gi is well reinforced with some additional taping on the split seams of the jacket and a beefy collar that feels solid to the grip.
- For people who prefer customary cotton pants over ripstop, you’ll be satisfied to find that the Gi pants feel tough and sturdy all round, while not being excessively thick compared with the other ordinary Gi pants that I have.
- The knee cushioning runs right down to the leg sleeve as an additional layer of protection.
- The Fuji Lightweight Summer Gi is affordable and shows incredible quality conveys more than what you’d expect from that price. In case you’re searching for a slim fit Gi that is reasonable, this likely could be it.
- There is a noticeable shrinkage after washing.
- It is not ideal for competitions during the winter season.
- The Gi has an elastic neckline which is thick although it will not add to your weight. It gets softer after a couple of washes.
#4 – Hayabusa Pearl Weave BJJ Gi – The BJJ GI Created To Convey A Fantastic Fit Without Giving Up Comfort or Strength
Hayabusa sits comfortably with only a few others at the top for producing quality Gi for Brazilian jiu-jutsu.
They are a ripstop cotton-polyester blend with reinforced points throughout the material.
- Hayabusa’s lightweight BJJ Gi is painstakingly created to convey a fantastic fit without giving up comfort or strength.
- Hayabusa’s lightweight jiu-jitsu Gi features both capacity and style.
- In any case, with the affordable price that Hayabusa put out, basically every Gi they sell is a stunning and advantageous expansion to your consistently developing Gi closet.
- For most seasoned competitors, this Gi is one of the best you can own for top performance.
The Hayabusa lightweight BJJ Gi is more delicate than most of their other Gi’s.
The lightweight Gi accompanies detailed weaving and fixes that add to the Gi’s design. Hayabusa is prewashed and does not come with shrinkage issues.
- There is very minimal shrinking after washing.
- Note that Sanabul Gis come a size larger when compared to other brands. In most cases, you’ll need to go one size down than usual.
- The collar is a bit bulky.
- The belt is not included with the Gi.
#5 – Sanabul Essential BJJ Gi – The Champion of Money Saving Uniforms
If you are an experienced fighter, the organization Sanabul are synonymous with low cost, yet great lightweight, heavy-duty competitive gear.
- Sanabul Lightweight BJJ Gi is perfect for hot summer months or keeping you light and without restriction.
- It is the perfect sturdy Gi for both training and competitions. It features hardened, rubber treated collars, decreased sleeves, and thick single weave configuration implies you won’t forfeit solidness for speed.
- At first look, it’s unmistakable the Sanabul Essentials BJJ Gi has excellent quality. This is my go to training gear, and the key to designing their strong Gi lies in their high regard for detail.
- The Gi itself highlights reinforcement focusing on various stress points, enabling the Gi to keep going for an amazingly long measure of time at the same time withstanding rolls, being held and pulled.
- The preshrunk Gi can be tossed in an antimicrobial water wash and hang dried, without worrying about shrinkage.
- Length of the pants may require adjustment.
- The Sanabul Essential can be very stiff and restrict movement
- Sanabul products retain more heat than regular Gi’s, and this won’t be conducive in cold areas.
- The emblem is also prone to fraying quickly.
Although all the Gi’s have their pros and cons. Lightweight Gi’s are incredible due to various reasons.
They don’t occupy much room in your bag and are easy to travel with, and they are also effortless to train and compete in reducing the opponent’s advantage over you.
They usually dry quicker after washing when compared to Gi’s made out of a denser texture.
They aren’t as warm, so are better in warmer seasons.
After compiling the list of the best BJJ Gi’s to own this 2019, our opinion, the winner of the roundup is the Tatami Estilo BJJ Gi 6.0.
While other Gi’s are great, the Tatami Estilo 6.0 BJJ Gi has a lot of advantages when compared to other Gis on the list.
Its increased level of comfort, breathability, and its perfectly cut slim design makes it the irresistible choice, especially for the price.
Do you enjoy our article, :D. Help us to introduce this site to your friends and others.